Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mom's day off!

Life has been kind of busy lately, so I was kind of excited for Saturday to come. Since Darrell didn't get a chance to play with Steven at all last week while we were gone to Richfield, I decided this would be a chance for daddy/steven time. In the morning, I was able to go to a great Enrichment activity with our ward, and we had an excellent speaker that is a finance teacher at BYU talk to us, and she did a great job!
After Enrichment, I ran home, made lunch while Darrell got into the BYU Game, gave Steven some loves, then headed up for a trip to SLC to watch my good friend, Brittani (Willardson) Barton play her last home game as a Westminster Griffin. She has played volleyball for Westminster for four years now, and I have never been close enough to come watch her play. I was really excited to go!! Britt did an excellent job, and I forgot how much fun it was to watch a really good volleyball match. Brittani is the lone senior on the team this year, and she had a great last home match with seven kills, six digs, and 11 service points. It was also cool, cause they were having a breast cancer awareness day, so all their shirts for the game were pink. It was great!! Good Job Britt and good luck with the rest of your season!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Yay for alone time! Looks like you had fun. I'm glad you got away for a little bit and did something different.