Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Deer Huntin' Weekend!

So, after such a rough football game on Thursday night (which I admit, I left the room mid-third quarter to read a book), it was lovely to escape to Richfield for the weekend for a wonderful weekend with family! Deer hunt is basically one of the times of the year I look forward to every year, even though I never go hunting myself. Steven had a great time this year with his cousins, aunt, uncles, and grandma and grandpa. (Thanks to Jenny for most of these pictures!!)
Saturday was the beginning of the hunt, and Sheri was great to play with Steven for a while so I could get ready for the day. When I got ready, I went outside to find Steven having a BLAST with Aunt Jenny and Aunt Sheri out on the tramp. While they were on the trampoline, the men were cleaning the two deer that they had shot that morning. Steven literally was so enthralled by what was going on. He kept just watching them and saying, "OOHH!" As is depicted in the picture below :)
My brothers Brian and Greg didn't hunt in Southern this year, so they were the lone bucks out by themselves in central. (If you can call hunting with 5 fun boys and two old boys lonely :))
Here is Brian with his deer
My brother, Trent, with his lovely two-point
Daniel and his deer
We took this picture especially for Darrell, since he couldn't make it down to Richfield with us (since we left while he was at work!)
Steven really did love the deer.
Darrell had a great weekend also. He hung out with his brother, Brad, all weekend, and on Saturday, they went with all their siblings to a ReAL Salt Lake soccer game. I borrowed this picture from Janae's blog, so you could all see how much fun he had!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

ReAl soccer game? Deer hunt? Hmm...let's see...

ReAl soccer game = cold day watching grown men kick a ball around. Boring.

Deer hunt = delicious homemade strawberry rhubarb pie, playing games, jumping on the tramp, gutting deer, getting to hang out with Jenny.

DUH! That's a no-brainer! C'mon Darrell!

This weekend was WAY fun! I'm glad I got to see you and Steven. I wish we were all still there!