1. I am the youngest child of 7 kids. Despite all the teasing that happened to me when I was younger, I always wanted 7 kids as well because I love being with my family and the different personalities we have. I’m not sure I could 7 kids now, but I do have a lot more respect and love for my mom and mother-in-law
2. I love all things medical and really want to work in a hospital or doctors office. This is so crazy to me because 6 years ago I had no desire to study medicine. I’m currently studying human anatomy and physiology on my own to quench a thirst to go to nursing school. I’m not in a position to go to school now, but I’m going to ready when that time comes!
3. I love to travel. I’ve done quite a bit of traveling around the U.S.A. and hope to include international travel one day. I’m intrigued by other cultures, other people, and I love historical and beautiful places.
4. I love all things music. It really is the best way for me to relate to anything. Gospel, life, childhood, etc. I remember my biology teacher my freshman year of high school telling us that music could help us remember things. My friend and I made up a song that week to study for a test. Thanks to that song I can still tell you the 5 steps of evolution – Mutation, migration, natural selection, non-random mating, and genetic drift. I should have made up more songs through high school and college.
5. I have a huge passion for Church History. I respect, honor, and cherish all that the early saints and pioneers went through for what they knew to be right, and knew that the Lord would always be watchful of them. I am so excited for the day when I can meet the Prophet Joseph and just give him a huge hug of gratitude.
6. I love hugs. I would love to hug a lot more people, but I don’t ever want to invade personal space. To me that’s one of the most comforting things in which I feel security. One of the things I loved the most about being in the Institute Show Choir at Snow College was our daily hug line outside of practice. They were fun for all, and I think helped build friendships faster.
7. I love friends. I find joy in being around them and love learning from them. I can’t wait to find the Diana Berry wherever I live to be someone that I feel I can call, visit, talk to about anything and everything.
8. I love education. My dad was a teacher as I was growing up and he instilled a desire and love of learning in my heart. I’m grateful to have a bachelor’s degree and am so glad my dad has been able to attend all of my graduations; high school, junior college, and USU. Hopefully he’ll still be around whenever I make it back to nursing school
9. I love to run. It really helps me feel good about myself, relieve stress, and is a challenge that I love being able to conquer. I’m SO excited to get running again now that I’m 6 weeks post-partum. Now to get rid of this ridiculous inversion crap….
10. I have a testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ. The Atonement is real and such an integral part of my life. I’m grateful for the Lord’s hand in everything to make the hard times easier, and make the wonderful things even more wonderful. I marvel at the miracle of life and the love He has for each one of us.