Tuesday, January 03, 2012

2011–2012 Just another Chapter

I suppose I ought to review my 2011, if nothing else, to chart my progress on how I’m doing with my life.

I found my posted resolutions for 2011:

  • Get to the ideal weight for my height

  • Read the scriptures 30 minutes a day

  • Become a more patient mommy

  • Be a more optimist mommy and wife

  • Take time for myself

  • Exercise 5 days a week

  • Make it the temple once a month

I didn’t reach my ideal weight goal, but I’ve seen progress in my fitness goals and personal wellness.  I took the time for myself and exercised 5 days a week from running to aerobics.  I lost 2 pant sizes, and feel better about myself than I have in a long time.  I feel like I’ve become an athlete, and I am strong. 

I did pretty good on my scripture reading, but I know that’s something I definitely want to improve upon this year.  I’ve set simple goals for myself to immerse myself when I do sit down to read the scriptures and try to take one thing each day to think and ponder on, to help me better remember my Savior. 

Sometimes the patience thing is great. Sometimes my near 2-year old gets the best of me.  But overall, I think I’m doing okay.

I did make it to the temple once a month this year, and that definitely helps me out.  Having that quiet peaceful time to myself is worth so much.  I was able to take many dates with my husband to the temple, which I always love, but I was also able to make some trips with some of my best friends, and also my sister.  Such a blessing.

2011 has also been good for me in having the peaceful feeling come from the spirit letting me know that I am where I’m supposed to be.  I had a really hard time when we first moved into this area making friends, but I definitely have made some great friends out here that have made me a better person.  I know that that many blessings come into my life by surrounding myself with great people.

As I think about 2012, it’s hard to pinpoint any specific new goals, but I just think of goals I continually want to work on and become better at throughout the year. We’ll post some anyway

  • Keep up my fitness routine, and work on keeping good eating habits
  • Keep running.  I had an epiphany a few weeks ago after running one morning.  I’m a runner.  It is no longer a forced form of exercise, but it’s now a part of who I am.  That’s something I never thought would happen.  But I think the challenge of it makes it that much more important to me. The few races on the horizon also help the motivation stay active Smile
  • Put more money into savings
  • Spend my time just playing with my kids, and forgetting about the housework.  It will all get done at one point.
  • Thoroughly enjoy the 2012 olympics.  I have my London calender already, and am counting down the months Smile
  • Make some cute birthday cakes for cute kids
  • Continue to build friendships
  • Become closer to the Spirit so I can be where the Lord needs me when He needs me

Here’s to a new year! Hooray!

3 comments:

Janet said...

You are very brave to go over last years goals on your blog!!! You look terrific and when I have seen you in Elizabeth's class you look very fit to me. Keep up the great work!
PS I think your blog & your family are very cute!

Christie said...

YAY for being a runner! Soon, that will be me, I know it! hehe

Jordan and Andrea said...

Janell, you really do look so great! Cute famliy!