Saturday, September 10, 2011

My now 4 year old :)

 

4 years ago today, we finally got to meet this cute little man in person :)

 021

Even though he came into our family sooner than we ever originally planned, I wouldn’t trade him for ANYTHING!

Steven also started joy-school this week with some of the neighborhood kids.  He has definitely been loving it.  He has always had a passion for learning, and he makes every day exciting.  He asks hundreds of questions, and always wants to know about everything!
Here are some fun thing about our wonderful 4-year old!

Favorite Movies: Cars and Toy Story (All of them, including Mater’s Tall Tales)

Favorite Color:  Blue

Favorite Food: Ramen Noodles and Chicken Nuggets

Favorite Scripture Story: Samuel The Lamenite

Favorite Sport: Running

He loves to sleep on the top bunk

He absolutely loves going to primary every week, even if lately it’s just because he has wanted them to sing to him for his birthday :)

He really does love playing with his sister, and is starting to get along with her, and share with her a lot

Due to other family parties, and a BYU Game today, we did Steven’s birthday celebrations yesterday.   A few months back, he got to go to a friend’s birthday party, and since then playing with his friends for his birthday was definitely something he wanted a lot!  We did a Toy Story friend birthday party with a few of his friends from the neighborhood.  Thanks to my sis-in-law, Jenny, I had some great inspiration.  We started the party by reading the kids a story about the Toy Story toys escaping from Sunnyside Day Care.  Then, they had to get through an obstacle course which led them to the kitchen.  They had to come down the stair, go through the balloon pit at the bottom, climb over chairs, under the piano bench, do a ring toss, and go through a box tunnel.  I wanted to take more pictures, but I was supervising 8 adorable 3-4 year olds :)

  DSCN1722

In the kitchen, we did Mr. Potato Head Crafts.  When Steven got up to make his, he said, “I want to make a Picasso Potato.”  :)  I have an artist, what can I say?DSCN1726

 

Then, we had presents and cupcakes and ice cream.  Steven was not expecting presents, so this was an exciting awesome thing for Steven.  His friends gave him such awesome presents, and he loves them! Overall, I think the boys had fun. :) Thanks Debra and Sheri for helping me man the boys.

DSCN1730DSCN1733DSCN1728 DSCN1736

 

And last night we had my sister, my parents, and Darrell’s parents come over for dinner, and cake and ice cream.  Steven wanted a Woody and Buzz cake this year.  I let him find cakes with me online, and he chose one that I tried my best to make.  It was fun to play with fondant again, and even though the cake was not perfect, he absolutely loved it! He also loved family being here to play with him.  It was definitely one of his best days! 

DSCN1711DSCN1743 DSCN1747      DSCN1751

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow I cannot believe that your little boy is four! What a fun month in your household!

Olivia said...

1. love the Picasso art. he's such a cutie.
2. you are very talented at cake decorating, i'm inspired!
3. it was nice to finally meet your sweet sister, Sheri.
4. my Saione and David has a blast. Especially my little David, it was his first invite to a birthday party :)

DeFreese said...

4...that's crazy. nice job on the cake!!