Monday, December 05, 2011

A Lovely Sunday Overall :)

Yesterday was not my kids best day. Not gonna lie, it was kind of a rough day. They were grouchy, grumpy, and fought a lot. However, there were a few things that helped me to see the sunshine of the day and smile.
The first would be this:
We started a Christmas Countdown for Steven to help his anxiousness about Christmas coming. Yesterday the day started with it saying 21 Days Until Christmas. While I was getting ready for church, Steven excitedly came upstairs and said, "It's only 11 days until Christmas now!" I had no idea what he was talking about. But when I walked in the door after church and noticed this, I bust out laughing. Apparently 21 days was too long, so he took matters into his own hands. :)
Highlight number 2 was meeting this little lady, Gabriella and visiting with her amazing mother, Genesis. There is seriously nothing better than cuddling a sweet newborn to forget the stresses of grumpy children and everything else. She is just so so sweet, and I'm so grateful I had the chance to visit. And a huge thank you to my sister who watched the grumpy kids so I could take a nice little break :)
And for the record, I love her excitement when Gen took this picture :)

2 comments:

Olivia said...

I love Steven's personality, yeah, 11 days till Christmas!

It was SO nice having you there to visit me. These little newborns are SO heavenly. I'm always staring at her. The gift of life is a sweet testament of our Saviors love.

As for Gabriella's face, haha! I saw that when I quickly reviewed the picture and thought you would get a kick out of that as soon as you saw it :)

Sheri said...

It was pretty funny when Steven was at my house that day and told me there were only 11 days. He thought he'd pass it along I guess.