Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mothers Day Weekend

My family was awesome to wake up early with me on Saturday May 7 to head up to Salt Lake for Race for the Cure.  I was the only one from my family who was able to do it this year in celebration of my awesome survivor mommy (our 9-11-01 survivor).  The race was a lot of fun, and I’m glad I did it.  I finished in 33:30, which is really good for me, and I ran the whole thing. No walky.  :)  yay!  As you can see, my family was thrilled to be waiting for me. Haha.

DSCN0633 DSCN0635

DSCN0640 DSCN0647

After the race, we went to the store so I could pick out my Mothers Day present, which was a rose bush for my flower bed. Hooray! It was exciting.  Then, because my legs were tired, I sat on the couch the rest of the Saturday while my boys planted the new rose bush. I’m excited for her to bloom.

On Sunday my kids slept in, and my husband didn’t have bishopric meeting until 10.  It was fabulous.  Then after church we headed to Kaysville for dinner with the Cropper’s.  It was a fabulous, relaxing and enjoyable Mothers Day. Thanks to my fabulous husband and kids for making it such!

DSCN0648 DSCN0649 DSCN0660

No comments: