Sunday, October 03, 2010

Rowley Family Trip

Last weekend, we headed to St. George for our yearly family trip with my family.  It was lots of fun, and it was good to see almost everyone. (A few had to stay home with chicken pox).  Anyway, to break up the trip to St. George, we stopped at Cove Fort for a little bit to look around and explore DSCF5479 DSCF5480

Thursday night when we got St. George, we went to Fiesta Fun with one of my brother’s and his family.  Steven had fun in the kid zone, and especially had fun miniature golfing.   DSCF5482 DSCF5485 DSCF5486 Our view of the temple from the golf course was fabulous.  I grow to love the St. George temple more every time I see it.  If it weren’t so blasted hot down there, I would try to convince Darrell that we should move there :)  DSCF5493

On Friday, we all headed to Snow Canyon for lots of exploring and fun times with the family.    DSCF5498 DSCF5502 DSCF5506 DSCF5507 DSCF5511 DSCF5521 DSCF5537 DSCF5541After hiking and lunch, we all went to the Sand Hollow Aquatic Center.   Steven absolutely LOVED the giant waterslide, even though he had to wear a life jacket. It was fun.This is what he looked like at the end of the day. :)DSCF5495

Saturday we went to the Brighan Young Winter Home, the St. George Tabernacle and lunch with everyone before heading back to Cedar City.  Darrell watched the BYU game at my brothers house, while I went to the RS Broadcast with my good friend, Christie.  Christie and Todd were awesome to let us stay at their house, and Christie and I had great time staying up late talking.  Sunday was my 24th birthday, and also the twins, Ava and Wyatt, blessing day.  They were darling, and I’m glad I could share their special day with them!! DSCF5550 DSCF5558 DSCF5567 DSCF5579My brother Daniel is a volunteer fire-fighter, and so when we took chairs and tables back to the fire station, Steven got to see the firetrucks, and Darrell even got to go down a fire pole :)  DSCF5585

2 comments:

DeFreese said...

what fun!

Cathy said...

Looks like a fun family trip. I love the St. George temple. The white against the red rock is beautiful.