Saturday, June 02, 2012

Celebrating My Parents!

Last week, both of my parents retired from their jobs.  My mom – 18 years as LDS Seminary Secretary – and My dad – 43 years as a teacher at Richfield High School.  My dad has left quite a legacy at RHS, and we wanted to celebrate his great career.  My sister and I were able to make it to the High School graduation, where my dad and my old Spanish teacher, Senor Black (who is also retiring)  were able to confer the diploma’s to the students. They looked pretty awesome up on the stage.

DSCN3115

 

That evening, we threw an open house for my dad.  We had delicious food, and fun decorations.  My sis-in-law put together this awesome quilt with quotes from my siblings and I about some of the things our dad will be remembered for.

DSCN3116

 

The Decorations Smile

DSCN3122DSCN3123DSCN3124

My dad will still teach evening classes for Snow College Richfield this year, so he’s not officially done, but he’s getting closer to the real “retirement” phase of his life, which will probably just include seeing more of his grandkids, and eventually a mission with my mom!

And one more awesome picture from the weekend at Grandma’s.  I have an awesome kid, what can I say?

 

DSCN3128

No comments: