Sunday, June 07, 2009

Oakland/San Francisco

Tuesday we went to the Oakland Temple in the morning before venturing back over the bay to see the Golden Gate Bridge. The temple was simply beautiful, and it was a great sessions! The grounds were also beautiful, and Steven had fun smelling lots of flowers.
I loved that you could walk up around the Terrace of the temple
Beautiful roses were everywhere...
Just a beautiful temple all around!
Monday the bay was SO foggy/smoggy so we were really excited when we had such a great view on Tuesday
The shadow of the bridge...we walked to the first pillar dealio
Steven was a little trooper and walked all the way to the pillar by himself
Darrell enjoying the walk
Fun photo spot
It was extremely windy
Battery Spencer was pretty cool
Steven escaping the wind
We drove around the coast line for a bit, and I was more than pleased to see a lighthouse :) This one is the Point Bonita Lighthouse just directly West of the Golden Gate Bridge
Tuesday night we headed back to Darrell's sister's to take a break on Wednesday before the rest of the week's adventures

3 comments:

Joanne said...

Wow, that looks like an awesome trip! I too love the Oakland temple. I've only been there once, years ago, but it is very beautiful. I love your pictures by the way. You're a great photographer!

Steve Weller said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm so jealous! My summer consists of masters classes...bleggh...

Unknown said...

I love all of your vacation pictures. I've always wanted to go to visit San Francisco.
The Oakland temple looks beautiful.
I haven't actually ever done a temple seesion outside of UT. Maybe one day!